- About us
- Visas and migration
- Travelling to Australia
- Services for Australians
- Doing business with Australia
- Study in Australia
- About Australia
- Australia's International Relations
- Travel advice
- Register with us
Online (electronic) visas - information & help
For general information about online/electronic visas (eVisas) including eVisitor,
All online visa applications are processed in Australia, not in Vienna. You may, however, be asked by the processing office in Australia to send documents to our office - when we receive these documents we refer them to the processing office in Australia. That office will contact you if further information is required and/or when a decision is made on your visa application.
If you need assistance with your eVisa/eVisitor application, please follow the appropriate link below.
Check the status of your application:
If you have applied for an eVisa yourself via the internet, you can check the progress/status of your application using the reference number (TRN number) given to you during the application process.
- for eVisitor, eStudent, eWorking Holiday or e457 applications, see: e-Business Systems - Query Application Status
Help with technical problems:
- if you have any technical problems with your eVisitor application, you can send an email request for assistance to eVisitor.Helpdesk@immi.gov.au
- If you have any technical problemswith your eStudent application, please contact the eVisa Helpdesk.
-If you have any technical problems with your eWorking Holiday application, please contact the eWH helpdesk. See:
- if you have any technical problems with your e457 visa applications, please contact the e457 Centre of Excellence in Australia where you lodged your application - see: http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/centres-of-excellence/index.htm
eVisa processing times information:
-for eVisitor applications: most applications will be finalised within a few minutes after you complete your online application and you will be notified by email within 24 hours. Where additional information is required by the processing office to finalise the application they will notify you by email; We recommend that you apply at least 2 weeks before you intend to travel to Australia.
-for Working Holiday visa applications, see: http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/working-holiday/417/after-you-lodge.htm#c
-for Student visa applications, please go to the student visa homepage at http://www.immi.gov.au/students/students/chooser/index.htm
Select your particular course of study and country. Processing time information is available by following the links Applying for this visa, How to Apply then After you have lodged your application.
- for e457 applications, see: http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charters/client-services-charter/visas/3.0.htm